Thursday, June 23, 2011
- Private Artist Reception for "Ed Ruscha: On the Road" at the Hammer Museum in Westwood.
- American Institute of Architects Los Angeles / Dwell Magazine Seventh Annual Restaurant Design Awards at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- ASCAP-American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers honors Sean Diddy Combs at its 24th Annual Rhythm and Soul Music Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
- The Los Angeles Women's Theatre Festival presents "Identity as an Act of Courage" show at the West Hollywood Community Center at Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard, Art Room 2 West Hollywood at 2 PM.
- March of Dimes honors Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds at its
- 12th Annual "Healthy Babies, Healthy Futures" Awards Dinner at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
- "We Heart Dick" Burlesque tribute to Dick Powell starts at 9 PM at the HM 157, 3110 N. Broadway, Los Angeles. $10
- WriteGirl hosts its10th Anniversary Season End Celebration at the Writers Guild Theater in Beverly Hills
- Museum of Neon Art Future hosts its "Evening Electric 2011" fundraiser at the site of its future location in Glendale, 216 South Brand Boulevard.
- Bet Tzedek - The House of Justice hosts its "The Justice Ball" at the Hollywood Palladium.
- Swedish American Central Association of Southern California hosts its annual Swedish Midsummer Festival at Vasa Park Association - 2854 Triunfo Canyon Rd. - Agoura Hills. Participants will raise the Midsummer Pole and indulge in Ring Dancing at Noon.
- Los Angeles Press Club honors Richard Engel and Lesley Stahl at its 53rd Journalism Awards Gala at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles. 5:00 PM
- Israel Cancer Research Fund hosts its Laureate Circle Gala at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Monday, June 27, 2011
- Geffen Playhouse hosts a Benefit Reading of the play, "Bill W. and Dr. Bob," featuring Martin Sheen. Geffen Playhouse. Westwood.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
- The Studio for Southern California History presents the "Their Shame is Our Shame: Mental Well-Being of Homeless Youth" Town Hall at KPCC's Crawford Family Forum, 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105 at 7 PM.
- Los Angeles Business Journal hosts the Non-Profit and Corporate Citizens Awards at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Downtown. 11:00 AM
- Los Angeles County Bar Association hosts its 2011 Installation and Shattuck-Price Award Dinner at the Music Center.
- Veranda Magazine hosts a cocktail reception honoring designer Windsor Smith benefiting Children's Action Network and P.S. Arts.