Using low-experience freelancers paid by the item. Job posting:
Tribune Interactive is looking for a limited number of experienced freelance writers in Los Angeles to generate listings for a new local entertainment site aimed at 18-to-34-year-olds. Candidates should have two-plus years of experience as a staff or freelance writer, preferably both in online and print. They should also be well versed about local restaurants, bars, clubs and other entertainment venues. The writers who fill these positions will report to the local site producer.
* Work quickly and accurately to collect information and write smart, bright and brief descriptions of local venues (restaurants, bars, clubs, etc).
* Generate a sizable number of listings in a limited amount of time to meet tight production deadlines ahead of site launch.
* Deliver a pre-determined number of listings at regular intervals to the local site producer.
* Maintain consistent quality for all listings throughout the writing process.
* Produce copy that aligns with the overall voice, tone and attitude of the site, as established by national and local producers.
* 2-plus years of experience as a writer, preferably in both the print and online mediums
* Strong language and writing skills
* Ability to write quickly, accurately and succinctly under tight deadlines
* Events database experience preferred
* Ability to work at a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and to work closely with a larger editorial team on overall site development
* Familiarity with and knowledge of nightlife and local events and places of interest to 18- to 34-year-olds in Los Angeles
* Experience in database entry and management is a plus
* To be determined, based on number of listings generated and length of service required.