Unless something startles me out of my stupor, News & Chatter will be taking off until after the holiday. Keep an eye open for fresh posts on the other great LA Observed blogs. These contributions are already out there:
- Of all the stupidities committed by the new owners of the Los Angeles Times, the dumping of Al Martinez is one of worst, says longtime friend Bill Boyarsky. We also got some email about Martinez at the aptly named We Get Email.
- Veronique de Turenne encounters the poetry man of Brentwood and pays a dollar for some verse.
- Black-necked stilt nests are everywhere along the L.A. River right now, Jenny Price says at Native Intelligence.
- TJ Sullivan didn't enjoy his experience at the Writer's Bloc event with Al Gore and Harry Shearer, but not because of the guests.
- Erika Schickel really enjoyed the Doug E Fresh performance in Anaheim, and tells all at Native Intelligence.
- Jenny Burman gets an up close look at the drought's effects in Elysian Park and while thoughts of Lavender Diamond fill her head. At Chicken Corner.
- Resisting tales of remodeling woe at Here in Malibu.
- You put Paris Hilton on the cover of a fashion magazine, you lose Judy Graeme.