Here's some of what you can find around the site today:
- Paddle boats will remain for rent at Echo Park "as long as I am a councilmember," Eric Garcetti says. Jenny Burman has been all over that, and the LAUSD's attempt to vacate Marathon Street, for Chicken Corner.
- New Roads School in Santa Monica is not a fan of the Bush Administration. Native Intelligence
- A black-crowned night heron poses for pictures in the daylight in Veronique de Turenne's favorite tree at Here in Malibu.
- What happens when LAPD gets a call about a transient in Westwood Village. Key line: "We got a busy day and it's a long way from the West LA police station." Native Intelligence
- We Get Email about the Studio City fireworks and Reyner Banham's Los Angeles.
- Inspired by the Washlet ad that appeared here recently, Erika Schickel repurposes a piece she wrote praising the ever useful bidet. Native Intelligence
- Mark Lacter remains off at LA Biz Observed.