Meredith Artley, executive editor of LATimes.com, has sent the staff another periodic update on the site. Traffic is creeping back up, and there are plans this month for more blogs and a few enhancements:
* Small changes to the homepage including a dedicated area for sports, more visible blog and quote treatment.
* "Emerald City," a blog on green living in LA.
* "Up to Speed," a new auto blog.
* A Mideast blog from our foreign staff.
* New designs for The Envelope, Autos and Opinion.
* Readers' Rep, a blog from Jamie Gold and her team.
* A columnist blog for Sandy Banks.
Last month's top stories and most-read blogs after the jump.
Top articles for September:
1. Hsu letter appeared to be suicide note (Dan Morain)
2. Ahmadinejad walks away with a win (Tim Rutten)
3. Limits proposed on fast-food restaurants (Tami Abdollah)
4. Study finds left-wing brain, right-wing brain (Denise Gellene)
5. Sitting down? A winter storm is on its way (Ari Bloomekatz)
6. TMZ learns if it's not Ito, it must say so (Andrew Blankstein)
7. Column One: A beastly kind of cruelty (John M. Glionna)
8. L.A. County calling for lights-out hour (Susannah Rosenblatt)
9. Southern Section results (This is the high school sports page)
10. Kanye West outselling 50 Cent in feud (Todd Martens)
Top blogs for September:
1. The Envelope: Gold Derby - 233,603 page views (up from 99,055 in
2. Homicide Report - 205,915 page views
3. Top of the Ticket - 192,270 page views
5. Movable Buffet (Vegas blog - big assist from the OJ Simpson news)
6. The Envelope: Styles & Scenes
7. L.A. Land
8. Show Tracker
9. Spector Trial
10. All Things Trojan
Rest of the memo left off for brevity.