When our LA Sketchbook cartoonist Steve Greenberg had a drawing in Sunday's Daily News, it was something of a time warp. He was the paper's first staff cartoonist back in 1978, when the Daily News (not the Times) was owned by the Tribune Company of Chicago. He reminisces.
More from our contributors:
- Bill Boyarsky discussed his latest book, "Inventing LA: The Chandlers and Their Times," with Warren Olney on Monday's Which Way, L.A.? on KCRW.
- Adrienne Crew chats with artist and "environmental designer" Susan Narduli, who has moved from Venice to a log cabin up in a canyon.
- Jenny Burman's map of her life in Echo Park has been redrawn, with a dozen friends moving away from L.A. and her daughter now in kindergarten.
- Veronique de Turenne spies a field of artichokes while driving in Ventura County.
- Wake up to Mark Lacter on KPCC for his every-Tuesday chat about business and the economy with Steve Julian during "Morning Edition."