Politics

More Hollywood supergraphics coming down

Deputies to City Attorney Carmen Trutanich announced Friday that two big Hollywood supergraphic signs, one standing an estimated 11 stories high near Highland Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard, were being removed after the billboard company was sent a cease-and-desist letter. Six other supergraphics have come down on Hollywood Boulevard since Trutanich began the crackdown that led to Kayvan Setareh, one of the sign posters, being held in jail over a weekend on $1 million bail. Chief deputy William W. Carter says 20 cease-and-desist letters have gone out over the last week, giving companies three days to remove unpermitted signs.


More by Kevin Roderick:
LA Observed Notes: 60 Minutes, selling the Coliseum and more
Gil Cedillo, Nick Melvoin win LA runoffs*
LA Observed Notes: Baca goes down, LAX shuffle, media moves
LA Observed Notes: Big TV news, media moves, obits and more
LA Observed Notes: Writers on the verge, Fox, the riots and more
Recent Politics stories on LA Observed:
LA Observed Notes: 60 Minutes, selling the Coliseum and more
Help for the homeless a phone call away?
Gil Cedillo, Nick Melvoin win LA runoffs*
LA Observed Notes: Baca goes down, LAX shuffle, media moves
LA Observed Notes: Big TV news, media moves, obits and more
LA Observed Notes: Writers on the verge, Fox, the riots and more
Bray-Ali support collapses over his web past
Garcetti says: 'Homelessness is the moral issue of our time'


 

LA Observed on Twitter