Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa endorsed Councilwoman Janice Hahn in her bid for the Democratic nod to be lieutenant governor. "Sticking with a vote he needs on the City Council," Rick Orlov observes at the Sausage Factory. Meanwhile, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom paid the filing fee and took out the papers to run, but has until Friday at 5 p.m. to return them.
- Former LA Weekly political editor Harold Meyerson praises Villaraigosa's efforts in Washington to get bridge funding to build the Measure R transit projects in 10 years.
- The DWP officially dropped plans to build the Green Path North Transmission Line across two deserts.
- The Hump and chef Kiyoshiro Yamamoto were charged by the feds with illegal sale of a marine mammal product — whale meat — a misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison and a maximum fine of $100,000 for an individual and $200,000 for an organization.
- Before he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, former Inglewood mayor Roosevelt Dorn retired from the city and will get $39,000 a year for life, a student journalist at the South Los Angeles Report found out.
- The candidate list has been set for the April 13 primary to replace Paul Krekorian in the 43rd assembly district.