We reported back in July about Madeleine Brand signing on to host a yet-to-be-created midday show on KCRW. Now this is posted on the KCRW website. Brand just shared it on Facebook: "Here is the job description for managing producer of my new show." The listings apparently don't have their own permalinks.
KCRW in Santa Monica, CA is seeking a talented and experienced producer for a rare and exciting opportunity: Help a top public radio station to create a new one-hour daily show in the nation’s second largest market.
KCRW is a highly creative workplace with an eclectic mix of programs. As part of developing a new show, we want to highlight this variety while building a distinct voice to begin our midday schedule. The Managing Producer will build off the eclectic programming at KCRW to create a unique news and culture show with a strong host presence.
The ideal candidate has at least 5-10 years experience in news-related programming, preferably in daily production in a large market. High journalistic standards, a strong interest in culture and the arts, and experience managing staff are all musts, as is proven agility and creativity on the digital front.
The position demands an ability to collaborate across shows and platforms, work closely with the show host to maintain the creative vision, and meet a multitude of deadlines, from breaking news to long-term features.
- Passion for the mission of KCRW.
- Analytical. You’re a numbers person.
- Leader. You like managing people and motivating others to execute plan. Also, you have experience doing this.
- Communicator and team player. As well as the numbers, you know how to communicate succinctly, clearly and effectively. People enjoy working with you and you really like people.
- Strategizing is in your DNA. You’re driven by the big picture and like to think how to adapt and improve an operation to get there.
- You’re a problem solver. You know that great ideas are often balanced by available resources, both human and financial and this makes you want to find a creative solution.
Please send resume and brief cover letter to Gary Scott.
KCRW connects Los Angeles with the world and the world with Los Angeles in meaningful ways through news, music and culture. We share knowledge, ideas, uncover creative potential, and serve as a trusted space for discovery and creativity. Our goal is to be human, credible and striking in everything we do.
We have a wide array of partners, live events and audience members. KCRW is a fun place to work with interesting and creative people all dedicated to sharing important and relevant content with our audience.
Previously on LA Observed:
Madeleine Brand joining KCRW for new daily show