Iger on strike

The Mouse House CEO said that the writers walkout will "definitely have an impact" on ABC programming if it stretches into next month, which it most likely will. "We're fine through the November sweeps," Iger told analysts during a conference call (NYT). "We are definitely going to have to implement contingency plans if the strike persists." Those plans include a bunch of reality shows and half a season of "Lost." ABC has had okay but not great ratings so far this year, and you have to wonder what the loss of "Desperate Housewives" et al will mean in another four or five months. The film side will not be impacted until 2009, or so they claim. Iger did say that the strike was "just a shame."

More by Mark Lacter:
American-US Air settlement with DOJ includes small tweak at LAX
Socal housing market going nowhere fast
Amazon keeps pushing for faster L.A. delivery
Another rugged quarter for Tribune Co. papers
How does Stanford compete with the big boys?
Those awful infographics that promise to explain and only distort
Best to low-ball today's employment report
Further fallout from airport shootings
Crazy opening for Twitter*
Should Twitter be valued at $18 billion?
Recent stories:
Letter from Down Under: Welcome to the Homogenocene
One last Florida photo
Signs of Saturday: No refund
'I Am Woman,' hear them roar
Bobcat crossing

New at LA Observed
On the Media Page
Go to Media

On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
Arts and culture

Sign up for daily email from LA Observed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mark Lacter
Mark Lacter created the LA Biz Observed blog in 2006. He posted until the day before his death on Nov. 13, 2013.
Mark Lacter, business writer and editor was 59
The multi-talented Mark Lacter
LA Observed on Twitter and Facebook