Nearly three out of four people admit to going to work when they're sick, according to a CareerBuilder survey. More than half of the respondents say they've gotten sick from a co-worker (how would they know?). So how do you avoid picking up something? From the OC Register:
* I wash my hands often, 78%
* I use hand sanitizer often, 32%
* I regularly clean my keyboard, phone, desk, etc., 30%
* I avoid shaking hands with people, 15%
* I skip meetings where I know attendees are sick, 3%
Obviously lots of folks figure that the risk of spreading germs doesn't trump the risk of not showing up, especially with the unemployment rate in L.A. hitting 13 percent.