Here in 
Malibu Veronique's bio | Email
 
On Twitter
 
Archive | RSS feed
Veronique de Turenne

Signs of Saturday: (really and truly) coming soon!

the new grocery in Trancas


Vintage Grocers coming to Trancas


The construction delays that caused Erewhon to drop its plans to anchor the Trancas shopping center has led to some good news -- the western end of Malibu will once again be home to an indie market.

From the Malibu Times:

After months of uncertainty and rumblings around town over what store would replace the old HOWS Market at the Trancas Country Market in western Malibu, center representatives have confirmed the successor as Vintage Grocers, a new independent market.

Several banners went up on Wednesday displaying the new name and center representative Scott Rozier said he is hoping for a March 1 opening, with possibly a soft opening around Feb. 19.

The market has a Facebook page, and has been busy hiring staff. Stock will be a mix of high-end specialty items and conventional supermarket products.

From the Surfside News:

(Managing partmer) Fuchser said he expects to stock 60 percent of Vintage Grocer's inventory with "gourmet organic" food items, while the other 40 percent of stock will consist of "conventional" market items.

Some of those items, he said, will include locally produced products such as Bonnie's Tasty Herb Rub, Beachy Cream Ice Cream, Malibu Honey, Malibu Olive Oil and a few others.

"We understand there's a lot of cool things already produced here," Fuchser said. "We've reached out to a lot of folks and we're putting their products here and we want their support."

Even more details (the co-owners previously worked for Bristol Farms) on Zuma Organic's blog.


Next entry: A whale spout

More by Veronique de Turenne:
A whale spout
Signs of Saturday: (really and truly) coming soon!
The lake here this morning
Jay Leno and the '49 Plymouth
Do drop in
Previous story: The lake here this morning

Next story: A whale spout

New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter

On the Media Page
Go to Media
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics

LA Biz Observed
Arts and culture

Sign up for daily email from LA Observed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner