- KUSC begins broadcasting from new studios in the AT&T Center in Downtown on Tuesday and will move everyone over from 5th Street and Figueroa through the rest of this week. "The technical staff has been working very hard to wire the new building and install furniture and equipment for our main on-air studio," station president Brenda Barnes says in an email. "If you hear an on-air problem or outage (which we hope will not occur) you can safely attribute it to the move."
- Renderings for KCRW's planned new home in Santa Monica, designed by Clive Wilkinson Architects. Curbed LA
- How do we get Angelenos aboard public transit? That's Larry Mantle's topic in the 11 a.m. hour on Tuesday's KPCC "Airtalk," with Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky and Janette Sadik-Khan, transportation commissioner for the City of New York.
- Documentary filmmaker Joe Berlinger ("Crude") talks about resisting a bid by Chevron to subpoena 600 hours of outtakes. "Politics of Culture" with host Matt Holtzman, KCRW at 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday on "Which Way, L.A.?, Warren Olney talks to City Attorney Carmen Trutanich about his push to get Grand Jury subpoena power. City Council member Jan Perry also guests. KCRW, 7 p.m.
- Radio drama sounds effects pioneer Himan Brown died at age 99. Variety
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Radio stories on LA Observed:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
20 years since the riots with Warren Olney and 'Which Way, LA?'
The City Maven signs up with KPCC's website
KPFK staff warned to stop downloading (old) pirated movies
DNC chair does Villaraigosa no favors on KABC
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed