Highlights from the busy past week at News & Chatter:
- Publisher out, publisher in, staff insurrection, Baquet t-shirts: exclusive insider coverage of the mess at the L.A. Times.
- Another scoop: Daily News gets in on the editor-threatens-to-quit act, but things calm down.
- Sex comes to City Hall's corruption probe — finally.
- Susan Estrich channels Ann Coulter, in more ways than one.
- Allan Mayer plans his exit strategy from Sitrick & Company.
- Attorney General vs. Barry Munitz and the Getty's lavish style.
- LA Observed visits the new Griffith Observatory.
- Meet the LAT's newest editorial writers.
- Double play at home on the same throw.
- Tom Sawyer's Island taken over by Pirates.
- LAPD homicide detective writes a novel on South Los Angeles.
- Hollywood story: Sleeping with a mid-level actor.
LA Observed was also interviewed last week on Fox 11 News, Marketplace, KPCC's Airtalk and the KPFK Evening News and cited on Romenesko, Gawker, Deadline Hollywood Daily, NewsDesigner.com, Modern Art Notes, LA Voice, LAist, LA.com, Fishbowl L.A., Risky Biz, Movie City News and SportsJournalists.com.
Don't miss: Eric Estrin visits the telemarketing dark side and Bob Baker rants at Tribune at Native Intelligence, Vin Scully goes home at SoCal Sports Observed, news and notes from Echo Park at Chicken Corner, and Veronique bakes a pie in Otis Chandler's kitchen at Here in Malibu.